Friday 9 December 2011

'Opening Night' Showreel

Don't you just hate it when a blog doesn't update for months.
Apologies. But I'll make it up to you with a video.

For some reason I thought I had already posted this video, but apparently I haven't. So, better late than never, here is a showreel for our film 'Opening Night'.

This video is basically a summary of the work we had completed near the end of our third year at Uni. It features our sculptures, concept art and puppet building, along with some animated shots from the film. Obviously none of the shots are finished, a lot are simply tests, but it should give a good idea of how things are shaping up.

So turn up your volume and snap your fingers along to 'The Chordettes'.
Without further ado, here's the video, hope you enjoy-


I've also got a few test images of the puppets on set, to try and get a better idea of how things will look on screen.


Twitter

You can now follow the progress of both Nathan and myself on Twitter!
Yes that's right, We have boldly stepped into the future to join the boundless realms of the Twitterverse.

We'll be posting on the progress of our film as well as the various sculpting projects we undertake as part of our Sculpt-Double website.
So if like us, you too are floating, weightlessly through the never ending wonders of the twitterverse,
why not follow us @SculptDouble -

I'm going to be working on a few sculptures over the next few weeks, But progress on the film will continue in the new year.

Happy Holidays everyone!

17 comments:

  1. Hey Josh! I spoke to Nathan a couple of months ago, how are you? hows everything going? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah,
    Hope all is well with you.

    Everything is going great thanks, the film is comming along nicley, although we've put a hold on things for christmas now (It's far too cold to be animating)
    I'm going to be working on a few sculptures instead.

    How are you?
    Nathan showed me your new blog, It's looking very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Josh! I'm fine, I can't wait to see your finished film, how far into the film are you? I bet its been nice to take your time and go at your own pace, from being rushed in the Atrium! I still have nightmares about my film! and I haven't watched it since the Glammies! Are the sculptures you're going to work on for the film?
    Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've still got a fair amount to film, But it's been great taking our time to get things the way we want them, and we've been trying to raise the quality of our work.

    I really enjoyed your film. That garden set was awesome. Have you got any more animations in the works?

    No, the sculptures arn't for the film. One is a secret santa present and the other is a personal project. It's nice to have a change of subject.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh the garden set, do you know what I think of when I think of the garden set.......bricks....
    hundreds and hundreds of tiny polystrene bricks..... O_O
    Unfortunately I can't animate at home, I don't have the space, so at the moment I'm just drawing my cartoons, they take up less space than an animation set haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, just wow. I just browsed through your whole blog and I've gotta say that the work on here is incredible! You are such an inspiration. I cannot wait to see Opening Night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like it. It's been a while since I've posted anything, but we're still going. I'll be posting something soon.

      Delete
  7. Your site and Nathan's have been pretty much a daily read for me since the beginning of the year. My wife particularly loved of your choice of music on Opening Night. Also, your sculpt double site is a regular read and I love the new additions! Thanks for sharing your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi David!
      Thank you for your comment, thats very kind of you to say.
      We're glad you enjoy our blogs and our website, and that your wife likes the music, the song is quite catchy :)

      Delete
  8. you guys are doing such great work! Great design and animation is a serious combo!!

    jriggity

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm currently working on some stop motion puppets in hopes of getting a summer internship at Laika and I am just completely awestruck by you and your brothers work. I feel so inspired and your step by step photos and write ups have given me some wonderful tips to improve my own work! I can't wait to see what you two come up with next! I see a very bright future for you both!
    Best wishes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caitlin, that's very kind of you to say.
      We're glad you've found our blogs useful.

      We wish you the best of luck getting an internship at Laika. I've only heard a few rumors about what they're working on right now but they sound very exciting.

      Have a happy new year,
      all the best,
      Josh & Nathan

      Delete
  10. Some great modelling and puppet creation of Aardman standards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Don't you just hate it when a blog doesn't update for months...
    Or,eight years...

    ReplyDelete